Sub Zero Mission Privacy Notice
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how subzeromission.org and its affiliates (collectively “SZM”) collect and process your personal information through SZM websites, devices, products, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “SZM Services”). By using SZM Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does SZM Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to SZM You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our SZM Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of SZM Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through SZM Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses SZM Services and other content served by or on behalf of SZM on other
For What Purposes Does SZM Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase of products. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, process payments, and communicate with you about orders and product, and promotional
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve SZM Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the SZM Services.
- Recommendations and We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with SZM Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other
- Communicate with We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to SZM Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, SZM, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below.
Protection of Personal Information: We use an industry-standard signed digital certificate that provides authentication and establishes an encrypted connection between our website and the visitors and donors and their browser and device, and our third-party processors and providers.
- Any personal data we store internally is
- All of our online financial transactions use a secure merchant
- We do not store any credit card or the third-party account
- If you choose to create an account on our website or store the personal information you provide may include, including your name, delivery address, and this information is only available to authorized SZM
- We will not sell, share, or trade our donors or website visitor or store personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings on behalf of other organizations. SZM does not disclose personal information to any third parties unless it is appropriate to comply with the
- We store and use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, and
- We only PASS/Transmit credit card or account information to our third-party merchant processors, they secure this information for you. As an example, your credit card or PayPal information is securely passed to these third-parties. You will find the privacy and security policies of our current third-party providers
- SZM complies with EU-US and GDPR guidelines and requirements governing the use of such information. You will find these policies
- Protection of SZM and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SZM, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and
- We follow PayPal’s policy when handling credit card data and thus comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use SZM Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Ohio. If you have any concerns about privacy at SZM, please contact us at Privacy.Policy@SubZeroMission.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.